Monday, September 23, 2013

In my English 302 class (different than my Creative Writing class), we have started our second unit, focusing on Creative Writing. We are first going over poetry. Our first assignment was to write a poem about an inanimate object using one metaphor, two similes and as many sensory details as possible.

PUSH-PIN

Your single tooth is a fang,
that snarls at me like a rabid scrap of a dog
as I hold your nobbled head between broken fingernails.
I steady the picture, keeping it straight,
and drive your cruel tooth deep into the drywall.
It’s quiet in the room, just the crunching of
fractures, spawning from your puncture wound.
Creeping up the back of the wall like veins,
you give me the sensation of dripping water tracing my spine.
Your tooth drills into the once clean, innocent wall
that now stands broken and naked between
this room and the next.



Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and the Bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment