Tuesday, September 24, 2013

In class quick write. Object: write a poem about any of four people depicted in an image. I chose the man who looked angry.

FATHER

He spewed his bullshit at me
like a mechanical man; no emotions, just sounds.
I didn’t listen to his words, just the
the way his tongue torqued them.
He was angry again, I knew that.
I could tell by the images his words made on the air.
The words he spoke became tangled and matted,
struggling against one another to find my ears.
Instead, they blotted together,
forming a depiction of hell in the air between
the mechanical man and me.
Beasts with two heads and no legs,
recoiled behind snakes with spiders arms,
who struck out at me, begging me to come closer.
Not urging me to listen, but begging me to hear.



Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and the Bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment