Saturday, October 13, 2012

Well, happy Saturday, World Wide Web. 
It's not bright and early, but it is bright outside and after WSU's Friday night out I'm sure this is early for most of Greek Row's finest. No worries, they'll pull it together: we have our first home night game tonight vs. Cal. You know they'll rally. 
I know that I said I would be posting less than happy poems, but (and don't think I've lost my cynical side already) I thought I'd give a small antidote of happiness for the faint of heart. So here's this for you tender hearted creatures:


GHOST

I can hear your breath on the wind,
I can sing your sweet Spanish lullaby,
I can taste the melody,
I can touch your memories.
I can be your heart,
You can see my born again soul.

I can hear your soul,
I can whistle on the wind,
I can taste your sweet heart,
I can touch your battered lullaby,
I can be your softest memories,
You can see my broken melody.

I can hear your whispered melody,
I can beat the rhythm of your soul,
I can taste your desperate memories,
I can touch your throat to the wind,
I can be with you in your lullaby,
You can see my burnt little heart.

I can hear your rhythmic heart,
I can listen to our melody,
I can taste your worn in lullaby,
I can touch your tender soul,
I can be your tears on the wind,
You can see my shattered memories.

I can hear your faint memories,
I can wake up your heart,
I can taste the succulent wind,
I can touch the bare melody,
I can be your soul,
You can see my re-born lullaby.

I can hear your sweet Spanish lullaby,
I can begin your memories,
I can taste your rejuvenated soul,
I can touch your brittle heart,
I can be your tuneless melody,
You can see me through the wind.

Now let me sail on the wind, in your sea sprayed memories,
Let me sing you a lullaby and whisper in your heart,
Let me be the melody to your song and a ghost in your soul.


 Have a quality Saturday and remember: Go Cougs!

Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and The Bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment