Sunday, October 14, 2012

I know Sunday is no one's favorite day but here it is. Tomorrow's Monday and today is just an excuse of day to try and cram as much work into it as possible and pray that you get it all done. So here's hoping you do...and I do.
Today is also a day when Pinterest becomes more addicting than chocolate. Don't even try to deny it. Seeing as I know that you are trying to procrastinate as much as possible here's to reading this poem. I made it slightly short so you're teachers/boss's/parents don't harass you too much.

I AM LIKE THE ATMOSPHERE

I have holes in my heart,
Where I once trusted this world.
I have hair thick with stars,
Each rivulet drips across the evening sky.
I am like the atmosphere.

I have dust from the moon gleaming on my lashes,
Prancing in the light when I blink.
Whispers of kisses float on my lips,
While the Earth’s roses paint my sunrise cheeks pink.
I am like the atmosphere.

I have sea-sprayed memories.
My throats been tickled by the sparrows wing.
I have embraced the clouds,
Squeezing out their tears.
I am like the atmosphere.

Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and The Bullshit
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment