Tuesday, October 16, 2012


Okay so here's the awkward day where it's still the beginning of the week and you have a lot of work but you're getting steadily closer. Hopefully more people are reading this but being a newbie at blogging I'm not sure how to find out so I'm pretty much just hoping someone stumbles across it.

I have a few little spies that are keeping an eye out for me and have been posting about this blog (you know who you are) so if you have come here because of that thank them!
It's been raining at night here, which, being a PNWer, I have dearly missed. 

THE SOLITUDE OF RAIN

“When it’s over, I don’t want to wonder
If I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don’t want to find myself sighing and frightened,
Or full of argument.” – Mary Oliver, When Death Comes

If I have made of my life something particular, and real
I should have wisdom dripping from my pores.
Or full of argument,
I will taunt myself into a knot of nothingness and dreams.

I will have wisdom dripping from my pores.
I will shout it to the universe until my throat is hoarse.
I will taunt myself into a knot of nothingness and dreams.
And I will sit in the rain and wonder if I am particular and real.

I’ll shout it to the universe until my throat is hoarse,
I am waiting for its arms to wrap around my mouth.
And I will sit in the rain and wonder if I am particular and real,
And wonder if the universe will steal me away from the solitude of rain.

I am waiting for its arms to wrap around my mouth.
And when the universe comes, I weep until my eyes have drowned,
And wonder if the universe will steal me away from the solitude of rain.
 I close my bleary eyes and wrap my arms around the universe.

And when the universe comes, I weep until my eyes have drowned:
I don’t want to find myself sighing and frightened.
 I close my bleary eyes and wrap my arms around the universe, because
When it’s over, I don’t want to wonder.


Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and the Bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment