Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The prompt for Thursday's poem was to pick a branch of science of social science and use the jargon. I chose to use Astronomy in mine:

GALACTIC

I want to be born in a 
protoplanetary disk.
Crumbled concrete samples
my battered skull.
Brain knocked forward,
left eye blocked.
Ripped out tail light,
tap, tap, tapping with my breath.
Not dead yet.

I want to be the radiation pressure
of the solar wind that breaks
baby protoplanets.
Raw knuckles scrape up
blown out windscreen,
as I blink, blink, blink.

Generating from my core,
I want to be my own magnetic field.
He stares at me, benign, pitying,
"Are you fucking kidding me?"
My God's kind of an ass, I think,
as a siren crawls into my ear.

Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and The Bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment