Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The prompt for the assignment due tomorrow is write a poem about your reaction to your favorite piece of art. I chose to do mine based off this piece by Banksy:



BANKSY

Awkward glance at the dirty cup,
next to the broken man,
in the purple sleeping bag.
Loose coins drop,
eyes still on screen.

"Hey, dipshit,"
he said.
"How about looking up
from your internet life
to see the change
you haven't made
in the real one?"

Eyes up,
cheeks pink,
breath dead.

"I don't want to hear
the coins yelp as they
beat the bottom of my
styrofoam bank account."

Maybe it was harsh.
She thought so, as she
cussed out the sleeper,
more awake than she.

But I don't know.
If change was comfortable
and soft,
our generation would
roll it up, breathe it in
and exhale a shift 
in what we see.

"Keep your coins," he said.
"I want change."

Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and The Bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment