Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The prompt for these two poems included the entire class. We went around in a circle (there are about 17 of us) and read our favorite line of one of the poems we have written. We all wrote them down and had to pick two. Those lines had to become the first line of two different poems. I have underlined the first lines that were written by someone else.  This class is dedicated entirely to reading and writing poetry. While in that class, many incredible writers surround me, professor included. Very impressive.

BLANK ME

It was beautiful this morning,
when everything was dead.
Now it’s all fucked up and
you shake my shoulders and
my skull hits my brain
twice too many.
So they lie me in a bed
with bars on the sides and
sheets too white and
say it’s shock.
And I stay that way,
even when I sleep in my
own blue, barless bed.
Everything is still fucked up,
and I think I might be too.

VIRGINIA

It’s an odd compilation
between rustic and electric.
Acres of corn, sweet and shallow
surround the dilapidated barn,
alight with heat and flame.
July, unapologetically hot.
Ash blisters off the incinerating stables,
glittering against scars.
Voice vacant on the air,
her thin lips white.
The wind sidles through
the charred windows,
dripping with heat,
as she walks back,
into the hollow house.



More soon!

Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and The Bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment