Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I know it's been a bit since I have updated but we have been focusing on editing pre-existing work for the past month. We did flash writes today which I will post later, in hopes of making up for my absence. Then again, I think four people are reading this blog, 75% with some blood relation to me, so I think you all will be alright. Here is my most recent:

WHERE THE TILE MET THE WOOD

I was out of place.
There were paisley chintz chairs
and white-teethed wedding albums
and no dusty books.

I stared where the living room
met the foyer
and where the tile
met the wood.

The woman who sat across
was all pointy elbows
and bitter lips.

That woman spat out words,
words that sounded like 
tasting bleach.
Things like, "You are no 
daughter of the Lord and
you are no daughter of mine."

Silence slunk from
the air between us,
cowed,
whimpering in my bones.

And I sat on the 
clinically white sofa and
stared where the tile
met the wood and
hummed to myself
just to make her
mourn.

I'll post the others tomorrow or Thursday!

Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and The Bullshit

1 comment:

  1. I love your eye for detail and then giving it life via your words

    ReplyDelete