Saturday, December 7, 2013

Edited poems for my English 251 portfolio. I have to make a creative non fiction and short story into 4-5 pages so I'll post those once I figure out how in the hell to do that.



YOU, ME AND THE MOON
                   
I remember Jack Elliot, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania,
talking about what should be and what is.
I spun across the hardwood floor,
and the music was bitchin’ 
and his toes were tapping,
and the chandelier was quivering.
The somber air outside locked out.
Our steps were perfect;
my feet and yours.
Annie twisted her hips 
as she riffled through records
and our smiles shattered against
the cement outside.
The record was singing before
the needle touched and
we danced until the moon cried,
and she wept until we fell asleep.

 WE MET IN THE DARK

We met on a country lane.
The air was honeysuckle.
I stared at him from the end of the road,
His face dark.
The stars drowned in the sky painted black.
The moon had gone to a single smudge.
My heart skittered along the crumbling dirt road.
A bounce and a low gasp and


His arms hugged me into the densest dark.

Love from Pullman,

The Blonde and the Bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment